The Calathea Makoyana also known as the Peacock Plant. Native to Brazil, it is commonly kept as a houseplant because it has large distinctive and ornamental leaves, with dark green feathered stripes and a pinkish red underside. This is very much an on trend houseplant!
Plant Care Tips:
- Watering: water when the top layer of soil is dry about once a week in spring & summer and less so in the winter. But don’t let the soil dry out completely, they like lightly moist soil most of the time. This plant loves humidity too, so mist the leaves regularly, will love a bathroom environment
- Light: needs plenty of diffused light, direct sunlight can cause the leaves to fade and lose its distinctive stripes. Can also tolerate low light conditions
- Feeding: feed once a month during the spring season
- Temperature: happy in normal household temperatures, avoid drafty areas and do not place near radiators to prevent drying out
- Available in a variety of sizes, sizes shown are the pot diameter
- Pet Friendly Plant
- Air Purifying Plant
- Always choose a pot at least 1cm larger than the diameter of the plants nursery pot
- These look great in our plant baskets or our vibes recycled pots
Give a gift that keeps on growing!
All our plants come with a ‘Plant Personality’ care card, detailing exactly how to care for your plant. If you want to send this plant as a gift we can also include a hand-written card and won’t include the price on the plant. Just pop your message in the notes section when you check out.
Plants are living things and can vary slightly in appearance from the images shown, they have imperfections just like we do. We ensure that all our plants are happy & healthy before they are shipped to their new forever homes.
Our plants not only look good, but are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner.